Apr 7, 2021
In this episode, Dave shares the importance of practicing
quality CPR with the goal of being the 'ultimate
Also In This Episode:
- Patient case which deteriorates to cardiac arrest-
- AHA/ILCOR ECC guidelines to begin immediate chest compressions
and application of the cardiac monitor with an attempt at
- Work as a team on the choreography of resuscitation.
Ensuring no one provider has a cognitive overload and is able to
focus on a specific assigned task.
- Ensure the provider who is performing the skill of chest
compressions is able to focus on the appropriate rate,
minimizing pauses, and allowing for complete chest recoil.
- CPP - Coronary Perfusion Pressure is the key to providing the
cardiomyocytes with the sugar, water, oxygen they need to survive
by perfusing the coronary ostia and building CPP.
- Post ROSC care should include maintaining a systolic blood
pressure of at least 90mmhg, 02 sats between 94-99%, patient
normothermia, 12 lead ECG interpretation and finally working with
other health care providers on a coordinated transfer of care.
Subscribe to the video version of this podcast to have access to
the visuals that accompany the audio as well as additional tools
and resources to help improve your understanding.
Subscribe now at CurrentECG.com
And Stay Current!